Need a more personalized touch with getting your finances in order? I provide one-on-one coaching services in-person (Denver metropolitan area), over the phone, or via video chat.
In the interest of full transparency, please read the disclaimers before continuing with this service.
Why I am offering this service
The web is full of sites and articles with the keys to financial freedom readily available but knowing where to start can feel overwhelming. In this case it helps to have someone who devotes a large portion of their time to this space to bounce questions off of and aid in developing a plan.
Why I charge a fee
I provide information and resources on this site to get you started along the path, but if you want the personal touch of a coach, the best way to ration the limited free time I have available is by charging a fee.
How you benefit
- Receive help developing a plan for taking control of your finances.
- Identify problems early so that you can address them.
- Get immediate answers to your questions.
- Periodic check-ins (if you want) to make sure you’re still on track and to help hold you accountable.
- You will receive a copy of my Personal Finance Companion for use in MS Excel (or FOSS applications like LibreOffice).
What is covered
I’ll work with you to tackle the following:
Once you know what you are working toward, your motivation will skyrocket. I’ll help you figure out what matters most to you, then work with you to build a financial plan that gets you there.
+ Budgeting & Saving
Dream bigger, spend smarter. Based on your short- and long-term goals, I’ll crunch the numbers and show you how much you need to be saving (plus, where to put it to maximize interest rates.) The goal? A budget that makes room for the things you love most, and gets rid of the stuff you don’t.
+ Debt repayment
Have student loans that refuse to die? Credit card debt you can’t seem to shake? I’ll help you get a handle on your debt once and for all.
+ Credit cards
Boost your credit score, rack up rewards points, and get the most out of your credit cards. I’ll share hacks for switching to the best possible cards, avoiding fees, and getting the card paid off monthly.
+ Investment education
I don’t invest your money for you (I’m not a money manager, and I don’t touch your accounts). What I will do is walk you through the investment landscape and help you select the services that are right for you.
+ Secure retirement
401ks. IRAs. Name that acronym. I’ll help you make sense of it all and set aside the right amount so you can retire comfortably when the time comes.
Since everyone’s situation is different and I cannot possibly know the up-front effort involved, I have chosen to price this at an hourly rate. The first hour is $50 and every subsequent hour $30. For periodic check-ins, the rate is $30/hour.
I only bill in one hour segments. Regardless of whether the meeting is 15 minutes or 60 minutes, I charge for the full hour.
Ready for a coach?
- Fill out the following form, creating the package that best fits your needs.
- Then, I will follow-up with you to answer any additional questions or comments you may have and to schedule the meeting.
- Prior to this meeting I will send payment instructions (to be done via PayPal or Venmo). This must be paid prior to our meeting.
- We work together to develop a plan based on your needs.
- If you choose to, we can have periodic check-ins at a cadence you are comfortable with to ensure you are still on track.
If you have any concerns please get in touch and I will work with you to dispel them.